Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Entry 2010 - 66 - "I Dream of Sleeping"

I should have made this post last week. I've been make tons on sketches in anticipation for 3 local designs contests: Cooper River Bridge Run, Knology's 5k Pajama Run, and BB&T's Charleston Wine & Food Festival. Bridge Run wa sknocked out first, and designing the last two, getting constantly burned out, recharged and keep rethinking.
The sketch idea up above is inspired by a previous sketch that I'm currently making and inspired by one of my favorite illustrator's work CrayonEater by James Jean. The rough sketch features a longjohn/slipper-wearing runner with a cluster of pajama/sleep related imagery in place of the head. I've made 2 cleaned up and inked versions of the idea. I've been working from this idea since mid last week. Right now, I'm making the final comp.

No comments: