Monday, May 17, 2010

Entry 2010 - 40 - Legacy



Here's a (Graphic Design - InDesign project) piece, it was done in an InDesign class at Tech. We had to pick a favorite magazine and recreate it, its logo, and makeup an article/spotlight for it.

All we had to make was a cover and spread. The main color scheme was pulled from his son's jacket (purple, aqua, and black)

I chose The American LEGACY, which is catered to the advancement of African-Americans through their collective and respective history.

I wanted to do a Southern Issue which spoke for the civil rights movement. I made up a article feature for Cleveland Sellars (Civil Rights Activist, Protested during/at the Orangeburg Massacre and is now the President of Vorhees College in Denmark, SC).

I also had the privilege of giving Sellars a copy of my Project.

JCD

No comments: