Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Entry 2010-001 (Officially)



These are samplers of one my entries for the upcoming 2010 North Charleston Arts Festival Competition.

The competition is looking for one particular artwork that'll act as the 2010 face of the festival, appearing on many tshirts, posters, brochures, pamphlets, postcard, banners and websites. Good exposure for any talented, lucky soul.

I entered in 2008 for the 2009 festival. I'd only entered one piece and was later on told I was runner-up to the number 1 pick.

The maximum amount of entries is 5 works per person (no charge on entries). Winner receives great exposure and a purchase award of $500. Sounds cool!

So for the 2010 Competition, I'm going all out. I started up over 15 sketches and concepts and eventually started working on my entries in early December. Today I just got finished withthe 5th Entry piece (which i'm showing samplings of 2nite).

*I'll post the other entries' samplings too but not the whole piece. I'll post the full view of the pieces after the competition is over (which'll be around my birthday - Jan23rd).

No comments: